Pioneer Academic Scholarship
Pioneer Connect is proud to offer two academic scholarships to young people in our community pursuing higher education. Students are welcome to consider applying for the Academic Scholarship or our Community College Scholarship (though, you cannot apply for both in a single year). You can find more information on our scholarship for community college students here.
The Pioneer Connect Academic Scholarship is a scholarship designed for students beginning or continuing education in an undergraduate program at a two- or four-year university or technical vocational school.
- Applicant must be a member or an immediate relative of someone who is a participating member of Pioneer Connect (you could be a spouse, son, or daughter of the member)
- Your primary place of residence must be located within the Pioneer Connect serving area
- Be currently enrolled in or applying for admission to an undergraduate program in an accredited community college, four-year college or university, or vocational technical school
Materials needed for complete application:
- Provide three letters of recommendation from individuals other than family members
- Provide legible copies of all high school and college or technical school transcripts
- Provide a copy of the applicant’s latest SAT and/or ACT test scores
- Submit all information requested on the application form and sign the certification at the end of the application
- An applicant is eligible to receive the scholarship a maximum number of two times
- After the award is made, the scholarship funds will be directly submitted to the institution of higher education in the name of the scholarship recipient
- The completed application and all supporting documentation must be submitted/received no later than 4:30 p.m. on March 31, 2019
- Incomplete applications will not be considered for scholarship award
The Board of Directors will choose scholarship recipients based on this criteria:
- Scholastic achievement – 25%
- Extra-curricular activities, accomplishments and recognition received – 15%
- Career and educational goals – 20%
- Personal Statement – 25%
- Financial need – 5%
- Open book quiz – 10%
The Academic Scholarship is an online submission only—you can begin your application through our online system below.
DEADLINE: Application must be submitted no later than March 31, 2019 by 4:30 p.m.
Incomplete applications will not be considered for scholarship award.
Note: There is no time limit to the application process. However, the application will not be saved along the way. Be sure to have enough time to finish it or you will have to start back at the beginning.