Join Our Team
Are you a person who values community, loves to solve problems creatively, and naturally fosters connections with neighbors and friends? You might just be a great fit for the Pioneer team.
To apply for one of the positions below, please email resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Installation & Repair Technician
Pioneer Consolidated, Inc. is looking for an Installation and Repair Technician (I&R) at our Philomath office. The I & R technician performs the installation, repair, and servicing of communications equipment. Performs line and cable work consistent with industry standards. Performs remote trouble desk and dispatch functions on an as-needed basis.
More specifically, the Installation & Repair Technician:
- Installs all common types of communications equipment including inside wiring, jacks and modems.
- Identifies assigned pairs at pedestals or ready access points. Installs aerial and buried drop facilities.
- Performs proper bonding and grounding procedures at the member’s interface.
- Locates trouble source in outside plant and customer premise equipment.
- Within the central office, identifies the proper cable pair, line circuit, and then connects the components as required.
- Knows how to use all provided test equipment properly. Sectionalizes all line trouble and makes correct interpretation of repair needed.
- Runs acceptance tests at completion of installation to insure that equipment is working properly. Reports readings for recordkeeping when installation is complete.
- Accesses service order and trouble information from computerized database. Has the ability to access and understand computerized mapping records of outside plant.
- Performs duties as a lineman or cable splicer on an as-needed basis.
- Assists central office staff in wiring of mainframe and performs cut-over work.
- Works with central office personnel to diagnose and repair trouble in various communications
- Maintain vehicles and work equipment in a clean manner and in safe working order. Completes monthly vehicle and equipment inspections.
Must have a minimum of one year experience as a Lineman, Installation & Repair Technician, or Cable Splicer.
Please send resume and cover letter to email@example.com
Pioneer Consolidated, Inc. is looking for a Cable Splicer for our Waldport office. The Cable Splicer performs splicing, termination, and maintenance of copper and fiber optic cables. The Cable Splicer performs cable cut-overs, repairs, and troubleshooting on all types of cable plant.
More specifically, the Cable Splicer:
• Prepares and maintains cable splice closures and terminations on fiber and copper cables.
• Performs testing of completed splices and cable pair termination on fiber and copper cables to ensure circuit continuity.
• Troubleshoots and tests new and existing fiber and copper cables.
• Terminates copper cable to main distribution frame connectors and fiber cable to pigtails in splice trays at Central Office locations.
• Performs cable pair transfers and cut-over work.
• Performs aerial and buried cable construction, repairs and transfers.
• Works with new and existing cables in manhole and conduit systems.
• Completes splicing and cut-over work on routine and specific work orders using engineering prints and cut-over assignment sheets.
• Completes the splicing and cut-over of projects to the specifications of the Engineering Department and standard telephone construction practices.
• Properly marks up “As Built” prints to indicate work performed.
• Maintains vehicles and work equipment in a clean manner and in safe working order. Completes monthly vehicle and equipment safety inspections.
Must have a minimum of two years experience as a Lineman, Installation & Repair Technician, or Cable Splicer.
• Must be able to read and interpret computerized cable records, staking sheets, maps, and circuit diagrams.
• Must be able to climb poles.
• Must be able to operate test equipment on copper cables to acquire acceptance readings, locate trouble, cable openings, analyze power influence and identify noise problems.
• Must be able to operate test equipment on fiber cables to acquire acceptance readings, identify splice points and losses as well as, locate fiber breaks.
• Must be familiar with fusion splicers and have the ability to terminate connectors and complete fusion splices with acceptable losses.
• Must be familiar with the National Electric Safety Code as related to the communications industry.
• Must know and follow the Cooperative’s policies, guidelines, and procedures.
• Must have a current First Aid, CPR, and Flagging certification cards as well as an excavation safety certification.
• Must maintain a valid Oregon driver’s license and a satisfactory driving record.
• Must understand, be able to distinguish, and work with cable color codes.
Please submit your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org