Join Our Team
Are you a person who values community, loves to solve problems creatively, and naturally fosters connections with neighbors and friends? You might just be a great fit for the Pioneer team.
INSTALLATION & REPAIR TECHNICIAN
Pioneer Consolidated, Inc., located in Philomath, Oregon is seeking an experienced Installation & Repair Technician. The successful candidate must have at least one year experience as a Lineman, Installation & Repair Technician, or Cable Splicer.
Performs the installation, repair, and servicing of communications equipment. Performs line and cable work consistent with industry standards. Performs remote trouble desk and dispatch functions on an as-needed basis.
- Installs all common types of communications equipment including inside wiring, jacks and modems.
- Identifies assigned pairs at pedestals or ready access points. Installs aerial and buried drop facilities.
- Performs proper bonding and grounding procedures at the member’s interface.
- Locates trouble source in outside plant and customer premise equipment.
- ithin the central office, identifies the proper cable pair, line circuit, and then connects the components as required.
- Runs acceptance tests at completion of installation to insure that equipment is working properly. Reports readings for recordkeeping when installation is complete.
- Accesses service order and trouble information from computerized database. Has the ability to access and understand computerized mapping records of outside plant.
- Performs duties as a lineman or cable splicer on an as-needed basis.
- Assists central office staff in wiring of mainframe and performs cut-over work.
- Works with central office personnel to diagnose and repair trouble in various communications equipment.
- Must be able to climb poles.
- Must be familiar with the National Electric Safety Code and National Electric Code as related to the communications industry.
- Must know and follow the Cooperative’s policies, guidelines, and procedures.
- Must have a current First Aid, CPR, and Flagging certification cards and be willing to obtain a Limited Energy License.
- Must maintain a valid Oregon driver’s license and a satisfactory driving record.
- Must understand, be able to distinguish and work with cable color codes.
We offer an excellent salary and benefit package. Send your cover letter, resume and salary requirements by 11/15/2019 to:
Pioneer Telephone Cooperative
ATTN: Human Resources
PO Box 631
Philomath, OR 97370-0631