Join Our Team
Are you a person who values community, loves to solve problems creatively, and naturally fosters connections with neighbors and friends? You might just be a great fit for the Pioneer Connect team.
To apply for the position below, please email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Launch your career with Pioneer!
Are you a person who loves to solve problems and are looking for a company you can grow with? You just might be a great fit for the Pioneer Connect team! We have an immediate opening for an experienced Bookkeeper.
As the Bookkeeper, you will be responsible for reconciling general ledger accounts, preparing journal entries and processing biweekly payroll. This position reports to the Accounting Supervisor and collaborates with members of the accounting team.
In this position, you will also be responsible for:
- Maintaining accurate and complete accounting records.
- Supporting weekly accounts payable.
- Preparing reports for different government agencies.
- Performing other bookkeeping/accounting duties assigned as necessary; this could include data analysis, reporting, and creating or updating process documentation.
Does the following describe you?
- Capable. You have experience calculating wages from time records, preparing payroll and other payroll related tax reports. You welcome the challenge of accounting work and enjoy learning new things.
- Detail orientation. If something is off in a spreadsheet, things aren’t adding up…you’re going to notice and fix it. Researching and resolving account discrepancies energizes you!
- Self-starter. You are results-oriented with strong initiative and self-direction, but you also understand results are best achieved when working as a team.
This position requires:
- Associate’s Degree or related course work required or combination of education and experience.
- 2+ years of related accounting training or experience.
- Excel spreadsheet skills including the ability to create formulas, tables and exporting and importing data within various systems. Knowledge of pivot tables required.
- Experience calculating and processing payroll and taxes preferred.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
What you can expect from us:
- Community. Individually and as a company, our employees take pride in working hard for the people whom we have the honor and privilege to serve. We are proud to play a role in helping make each of our communities a better place to live and work.
- Support. Our work environment feels like a family which makes sense when you look at how long we have worked together! We love what we do and will provide you with support, every step of your career.
- Benefits. We offer an insurance package which provides full-family, employer-paid health coverage and a generous retirement program. Taking care of you is important to us!
Pioneer Connect is a broadband partner providing internet, phone, and video services that keep our customers connected. Since our founding over 68 years ago, we’ve been overcoming barriers and thinking creatively to bring our customers the best possible services at an affordable price.